ActiveToronto encourages people to get active and healthy in the workplace. Whether it’s in a warehouse, office or wherever else, there are all sorts of initiatives that can be taken to get you and your coworkers more active.
How to get involved:
– Join or Start a Health and Wellness Committee – Organized groups that address and engage employees in health and wellness issues in the workplace.
– Start a Wellness Wall – A display wall used to post occasional articles on mental and physical health and fitness.
– Take part in a Workplace Workout – A series of exercises that can be effectively done at the workplace.
– Start healthy food initiatives – Start a potluck food event like Soup Days or Salad Days, where participating employees bring in meals to share on a weekly basis.
– Be an example – Inspire others by showcasing your physical and mental wellness and healthy eating.